Reay to race sales such as the Inglis Ready 2 Race are becoming increasingly popular. Yearling auction sales may offer the buyer a cheaper product, but uncertainty still exists about a yearling’s racing ability. The preparation routine can remove some of the factors-but not all of them. There are 226 Lots on offer. I have selected five yearlings which based on pedigree and PRI scores are worthy of consideration.
Lot 76 b or br c So You Think – Dora’s Ready
The cross So You Think and More Than Ready has produced one SW. Cognito won
G2 Wellington Guineas. The 4m x 4m matching of Nijinsky should produce no problems. Three SW have this cross. The PRI score is 99.2
Lot 93 b c Deep Field – Forfeiture
Deep Field when matched with Commands mares has produced three SW.
- Cosmic Force won the G2 prestigious Pago Pago and Roman Consul Stakes (1200 & 1100m)
- Sky Command the G2 Navision (1200m)
- Rozita two L races over 1400m
The female line is exceptionally strong anchored by the champion mare Denise Joy (Sunday Joy, Tuesday Joy, Joie Denise etc.) PRI score 94.6.
Lot 140 br g So You Think – Majestic Flute
The cross So You Think and Redoute’s Choice and has produced five very impressive SW.
- Inference winner G1 Canterbury Guineas (1900m)
- D’argento winner G1 Rosehill Guineas (2000m)
- Fasika winner G2 Saphire Stakes, G3 Wenona Girl Quality (both 1208m)
- Rocket By winner G3 Sydney Stakes (1208m)
- Illation winner two L stakes (1408,1610m
Overall the cross has a SW/runners 5.49%. The above shows the versatility of So You Think as a sire. He can produce anything! PRI score 96.0
Lot 160 b c Deep Field – Nakataan
Two SW have been produced by the cross of Deep Field to Zabeel.
- Dig Deep G2 Karakatta Plate (WA Premier 2yo race of 1200m)
- Sweet Ride G3 San Domenico Stakes 1107m.
The female line is useful and contains Becrux a G1 winner in Canada. The PRI score for Lot 160 is 97.7
Lot 212 b c All Too Hard – Tangerine
The mating of All Too Hard to an Encosta de Lago mare has paid off big time.Alligator Blood is already a five time G1 winner and who will bet against him
getting more. Lot 212 has an almost identical pedigee: Inbreedig to Last Tycoon 4f-3f and Rolls 4m-4f is matched by Alligator Blood 4m-4f and 4m-4f.
Attendance at the Inglis Ready 2 Race is an interesting experience.